Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Heresy Era Thousand Sons - Tactical Squad Hesyre, or Deja Vu all over again

It feels good to be back working on my favorite Legion, and all the more so knowing that in a few short weeks I'll be able to get my hands on the rules after all these years of waiting!


A bit more build time - The cornerstone of any self-respecting Legion is the humble Tactical Squad, and the cornerstone of every one of my Thousand Sons forces has been Squad Hesyre. This take on the army may just have my favorite incarnation of them as well! The squad is armed with additional close combat weapons, making them proto assault marines and as such these guys will be entering the fray via the assault ramp of a Storm Eagle - I've definitely felt I've played too defensively with the last few incarnations, so I'm building a force with an eye towards taking the battle to the foe!


The ever-faithful Sergeant Hesyre has always had a spot of bother with the Flesh Change, and I'm really happy with how the pose this time around turned out - I can almost hear him saying "Aw hell, THAT can't be good..."


I took a little time to go through the box I've been tossing bits and kits into for the last six months and penciled together a list of what I had, and added in a few things that were revealed at the Heresy Weekender. I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised to find it's already essentially spiraled out of control pushing 6000 points. On the up side it's almost all sunk cost at this point, with the exception of the the assault squad everything on the list is already in hand and the Castellax and Magnus haven't even had a rumored release date so no outlay for them. However, I promised myself I'd get some models out the door before I bring any more in - expect to see an "items up for sale" post over the next week or two as I sort through finished projects (or projects that I'm finished with, a subtle distinction)...

13 comments:

  1. Please tell Sergeant Hesyre he can borrow my wifes nail clippers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking well as ever chief. I personally hope you go for a dull red rather than the shiny metallic red they seem to favour these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I pictured him sighing "Picking my nose with this is gonna get dicey..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, that sergeant looks just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Phil Curran: Hah! Either that or a belt sander!

    @Rory Priest: Thanks man! I'm actually thinking about giving the metallic red a try on this group. Going to do some test models first to see how it looks before committing to the whole force that way though...

    @Zab: Haha!

    @Da Masta Cheef: Thanks bud! Quite pleased with the character he ended up with!

    I appreciate the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sergeant better be careful when scratching his nuts... Do Marines even have nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great, are you doing metallic red? Or a flat red?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great dude. Are you painting them a different way this time or sticking to the method you have used before on the last incarnation of the thousand sons?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Dai: Haha! It's definitely an AP2 scratch!

    @Col. Hertford: Going to try the metallic red style on some test models, we'll see how it goes!

    @NafNaf: Thinking a mix of airbrush and traditional, test models this weekend if all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've sent the maker a query about those vehicle conversion kits on Sir Tainly's 'Fort Wargame'. I'll let you know when they reply.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bases look interesting? Self made or supplier?

    ReplyDelete
  12. WE has a new Pre-H Magnus model up, just in case you were looking from someone to shepherd these fellows into battle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Zenos: They're from Elrik's Hobbies, they do a whole range of bases beyond the Egyptian style as well!

    @#2501: Indeed! I'm quite tempted!

    ReplyDelete