Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Heresy Era Mechanicum - Caleb Decima's command Land Raider build in progress

Still trying to recapture my hobby mojo, nothing really appealed painting-wise recently so I decided to indulge in a bit more build time. This time around it's the dedicated transport for Caleb Decima, intended as a more aggressive HQ unit in one of the various lists I'm batting around for use at the Las Vegas Open coming up in February.


The Mechanicum Land Raider in the FW heresy lists is quite the interesting beast. It's got a veritable smorgasbord of options, though it's not an assault tank. Sooooo, the older variant of the Achilles supplied the central hull sans assault ramp, extra armour plates, and the twin-linked multi-melta sponsons (because how can you go wrong with that?). However, the Thunderfire cannon that comes with the kit isn't an option, so I'm going to have to build something appropriate to slot in there. I'm leaning towards a Graviton Cannon from a Rapier, but I guess we'll see how well it'll fit in place when the next package of joy arrives from across the pond!


The tank got some brass etch from the Iron Hands set, and I'm planning on adding some further cog-tooth pattern trim here and there as well. The Explorator Augury Web upgrade is represented by a Helios scanner, which is magnetized in place for transport and storage.

In other news, I may have had a moment of weakness recently...


...Ominous Horns!

5 comments:

  1. Sexy tank. What are all those rivets about and how will you keep from going mad painting each one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that Land Raider!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah! I laughed at Zab's comment. I hate rivets, but you seem to be enamored with them :).

    Tank looks beefy and proper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Zab: Thanks mate - the reveal is coming shortly!

    @Rob: I appreciate it!

    @Greg Hess: Indeed, I'm a glutton for punishment!

    Cheers folks!

    ReplyDelete