Thursday, November 1, 2012

Heresy Era World Eaters - Jetbikes built

The hobby ADHD has settled in on me a bit of late. Pinballing around the various projects lurking on the shelves up in the hobby loft, my eye fell on the package of Jetbikes I'd picked up a while back for use with the (now defunct) Heresy-era World Eaters I had been working on. While there are a number of companies doing jetbikes these days (many of which are very, very cool) none of them really matched the artwork from Visions of Heresy as well as I'd hoped:


However, BigDaddy of Blight Wheel miniatures had, at one point long ago, shown off a set of World Eaters jetbikes that were darn near exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately they're not available anymore as far as I know but I'd managed to grab a set before they disappeared and they've lurked in the Closet of Doom ever since. But no longer!


There are eight of them (sacred number of Khorne and all), and I spent some time rummaging through the leftover bits from the infantry builds to come up with enough FW Mk. V torsos and heads to match up with the legs and arms included in the kit. For the unit champion I added a few more Khorne-esque bits, including the ol' "bunny ears" helmet and some extra chains and spikes.


I also scattered a few bolt pistols and chain axes throughout the unit, and found enough RT-era backpacks to match up as well. However, now that they're built I have no idea what I want to do with them. The majority of the World Eaters army is long since sold, and I have to admit I didn't really enjoy painting them nor how they played on the table. I think these are likely just going to go up on the auction block to help fund the Tzeentch Renegades army I'm putting together for Adepticon. Expect to see another 'blatant advertising' post soon (unless one of you fine readers is interested and wants to make me an offer - I'm looking to get $120 out of them).

Now off to work on some other project. Hmm, it's been a while since I did any Eldar... Hey, wait, what are you doing with that taser? It was a joke! A JOKE! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT! Argh!

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful job.

    thaks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look pretty unique, great find

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh What, these are awesome! I really dig them!

    That damn closet has everything in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks - they were definitely fun to build!

    @The Eye of Error (dig the name change)- You have no idea. It's 25+ years deep, compounded by the fact that I've lived in this house going on 10 years now, so it's been steadily accruing. It's become a monster! If you find yourself in Colorado, you're welcome to come rummage through the Closet of Doom and take away whatever treasures that catch your eye - you've definitely earned that for all the awesome work you've done for me. Of course, going spelunking in the CoD may be a hazardous endeavor - being buried under an avalanche of bits boxes is a very real danger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We demand to see more photos of the CoD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great find, of some great models! I'm sure you'll do them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely oustanding, great work. Really looking forward to seeing them painted up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks folks!

    @Sir Tainly - I'm hoping to do a little cleanup this weekend, and I'll snap some more pics!

    @Colonel Scipio and Headologist - After primering them grey, I do think I'm going to go ahead and paint them. The plan is to try something a little different than I did with the others, painting up to white from grey rather than starting with a zenithal white and darkening down. Technically I don't have to worry about them matching the rest of the army, since it's no longer in my possession! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those damn bikes. Telling me that they are no longer available too is like lighting up a spoon in front of an addict and pouring it on the ground! I just may have to find myself in Colorado in that closet while you rummage through my epic bits bins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are hereby forbidden from pulling awesomely cool stuff out of the closet of doom that other people are not able to acquire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These things are gonna be badass! Love the front intakes on em'. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another vote for photos of the CoD!

    ReplyDelete