Thursday, August 2, 2012

Adeptus Mechanicus - Urtzi Malevolus, the Despoiler of Mars painted

It's been a little touch and go over the last week so there hasn't been much in the way of hobby time. In fact I've only managed to paint two miniatures the whole time. I did manage to get some pics, though they did highlight the fact that one of the two minis really needed more work - isn't that always the case? Nevertheless, Urtzi Malevolus, the Despoiler of Mars is now complete!


I went with a more muted palette for Urtzi, dark reds, lots of grimy metal, and purplish, unhealthy skin tones. The yellow and blue spot colors help the model pop a bit, and my friend's suggestion to do the mechadendrites in a blued steel ended up working rather well.


In game, Urtzi is armed with a number of servo-arms, mechadendrites, fabricator gauntlets and other esoteric equipment. Not entirely sure how he'll actually work on the table, as I have yet to play a game with the new Tempus Fugitives Codex Cult Mechanicus, but in theory one doesn't want to get within range of all those  snippy-snappy claws!


He also allows for the use of Dark Mechanicus allies, though if he is included the army is not allowed to take certain other 'puritan' Ad-Mech choices such as the Omniscion or Archmagos Veneratus Kane (who was around when Urtzi was condemned for his actions and was forced to flee Mars during the Horus Heresy). I'm eagerly awaiting the update of the Codex Dark Mechanicus, as I'm sure I'll enjoy building a unit or two of heretical machines!

Pics of Archmagos Strandax (the arachno-styled tech priest) will follow soon once I get the last little fiddly bits touched up!

6 comments:

  1. I like it - as always the really bold colours (especially blue and yellow) have worked really well. And the name is great as well. Know what you mean about hobby time, I haven't even managed two minis this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah, I've yet to finish anything in over 2 weeks. :)

    That backpack is some seriously heavy looking kit!

    Like him lots though - good stuff sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the conversion, the very strong colors are very different from what I'm used to seeing in the AdMech, takes a little getting used to. Works well though and draws a lot of attension...and fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work! I wish I had the kind of imagination to dream up all these mad mechanical characters!

    The orange is a little strong for my tastes, but that's a minor criticism to what is a superb model :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks great! I am maybe not 100% sold on the bright blue and orange, but that's just a matter of personal preference. I cannot fault your execution. Good job, sir! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how he turned out. The bright color looks good in contrast with the dark metal and robes. I feel inspired to pull out my dark mech that has been sitting in my wip pile and finish it

    ReplyDelete