Thursday, July 5, 2012

Imperial Guard - Beastmen painting in progress

What's this? Actually working on models for the army the blog is named for? Unbelievable! With the fluff section of the new rulebook mentioning various Abhumans, it seemed like an ideal time to pull out a unit that has been lurking in the Closet of Doom for literally over three years now. Beastmen!


The original Mordian 7th D Company actually contained two units of Beastmen, led by Packmasters Org and Raakt. In the current build however I've just built a single unit. In-game I run them as Penal Legion with the Knife Fighters skill, at the cost of having no ranged weapons. At this point they've just gotten the fur complete and I've just started blocking in the rest of the main colors.

In other news, a buddy of mine and I had our first game of 40k using the new rules on the 4th of July, so a post battle report will be coming shortly! Still organizing pics and doing the write up. Suffice it to say it was definitely Red, White and Blue!

5 comments:

  1. That's a really nice take on the whole 'abhuman' thing. I guess the Guard would really use more than just Ogryns and Ratlings. Are the Packmasters other Beastmen, or are they like herders? I was going to do a squad of Ratlings, just with lasguns rather than sniper rifles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The Packmasters are just the 'sergeants' of the squads - back in the RT era the two beastmen squads were overseen by a platoon command squad of regular humans, but the current codex doesn't really lend itself to that.

    I'd love to see a squad of Ratlings done up in your green and white scheme! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is EXACTLY my point in my article today, my friend!!! Seriously well done. Mind you, my wife isn't too thrilled with the amount of possibilities the new rule book plainly gives us all, but I am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn it, now I'm going to have to work on my own neglected beastmen squad. These guys are well inspiring sir, I hope you can show us new progress sooner than in.... 3 years time? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I actually finished them off over the weekend and am waiting for a break in the weather to get some pictures of them in better light...

    ReplyDelete