Monday, May 2, 2011

Adeptus Mechanicus - Legio Cybernetica Robot Maniples complete

Victory for the forces of the Omnissiah - as of this moment, the 3000 point army I'm intending to use in an upcoming battle is now complete! The last unit to be finished was the second of two Legio Cybernetica Robot Maniples.


The second maniple includes one each of the five original Robots released way back in the day. From left to right: Crusader, Conqueror, Colossus, Castellan and Cataphract. I wanted to paint them up in a different motif from the first maniple, and went with a blue/grey scheme with yellow panels on the right thigh and left shoulder. I was going to go with yellow and black hazard stripes, but they ended up looking poor so they were taken back to a solid yellow instead.


The first maniple I'd painted a while back got a few touch-ups to bring them in line with the new ones (notably the color of the visors/power cables), and was re-based from the old grey rubble to the new dirt and grass motif. It occurred to me while doing so that there are a few odd models in the army that will also require the re-basing treatment, but thankfully it's less than a dozen all told. Once I get them all re-based, I'll pull out all the miniatures and get a full army shot!

10 comments:

  1. Funny thing that you should post this today. I just got home from my mother's over easter with White Dwarf 104 (August 1988) which has the Chapter Approved: Robots rules update. I had been looking for that for a long time. Very awesome and complex rules. Basically you construct your robot and then give it a DFA program to follow in battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! I always loved the little combat response flowchart thing, though in the current TF list that I'm using, it's been replaced by the Mindlock rules for Servitors. However, the Robots are given a specific target and objective, and if they fire upon their target or move towards their objective they do not have to test for Mindlock. It's a bit less fluffy, but certainly aids in speed of gameplay (which the old flowchart style did not)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like the robots as well. Good job on the painting of course.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fantastic! Nice work, always loved the old school Robots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I had one of those old Cataphract models lying around somewhere, but he was a bits buy and had no arms or gun pod. Well done kitting them out with "modern" weapons too.

    Post that 3000 point army list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks folks!

    @#2501 - the Robots have been collected from various sources over a number of years and some of them were pretty badly beaten up or were missing pieces. The red and white maniple was made from models that were missing weapons and/or arms so they definitely got the upgrade treatment. The other maniple I tried to assemble as close to the original state as possible, though I had to add a bit here and there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corrected links for original rules:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/67798052
    http://rapidlibrary.com/download_file_i.php?file=25029845&desc=White+Dwarf+104+.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic colour schemes. I have recently painted a few of these robots myself:

    http://hitstokill.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/pts-89-warhammer-40k-robots-citadel.html

    ReplyDelete