Thursday, July 16, 2009

Get your motor runnin'... Part 3

Work progresses on the guard, albeit slowly. Over the last few weekends I've managed to get in a couple games to test out the various tournament list ideas for GenCon, and I think I've got the final list more or less dialed in. The most recent incarnation includes a 7-man unit of Rough Riders, so I finally got around to finishing off the seven I'd gotten assembled so far.


Earlier this week the second batch of bikes arrived from Ramshackle games, so eventually I'll end up with two 10-man squads. There's a fair amount of painting left to do for the tournament list however, and I really need to buckle down and crank them out over the next couple weeks. GenCon will be here before I know it!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. 2 units of them should look great. What colours did you use for the lights?

    - Courtney @ Cadian 127th

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - They were fun to build and they've performed surprisingly well in the last couple games.

    I painted the headlights in a standard 'jewel' pattern that I use for most all of my glass surfaced areas. In this case I started by painting the whole lens Blazing Orange, then added a half-moon shaped arc on the lower left half of the lens in Fiery Orange. After that I added a smaller half moon in Golden Yellow and a touch of Sunburst Yellow at the extreme lower left. Finally I added a tiny white dot to the upper right of the lens as the specular light.

    I'm not 100% pleased with the final result, ordinarily I go with blue or green lenses on my tanks. This was more of an experiment to see how it would look. It does make them stand out on the tabletop, though!

    ReplyDelete